Friday, May 6, 2011

End of the Year Questions

1) This summer experience was a blast. I enjoyed working the the Southwest Humane Society, and I loved the Summit classes.
2) The overall experience helped me in many ways. It helped me learn how to communicate, as well as overcome problems within the group. It helped me learn about time management and how to work as a team.
3) The greatest thing that I have learned from this experience is that plans never go as they are expected to. You have to learn to adapt and capitalize on situations that come up during your summit/volunteer schedule.
4) The biggest impact that we made was overall recognition and awareness of the site. We were able to promote the Humane Society and help the community gain knowledge and awareness about the site
5) It would be different because I would not have the new developed love for helping the animals and the shelter.
6) I would not have changed very much about this experience.
7) My advice to others would be to choose a project or shelter that you have a passion for, because then volunteering does not feel like you are volunteering at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment